Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: The Bone Witch

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!


The Bone Witch #1
Rin Chupeco
Young Adult/Fantasy-ish
Releases March 1, 2017 from Sourcebooks Fire

From Goodreads:

When Tea accidentally resurrects her brother from the dead, she learns she is different from the other witches in her family. Her gift for necromancy means that she’s a bone witch, a title that makes her feared and ostracized by her community. But Tea finds solace and guidance with an older, wiser bone witch, who takes Tea and her brother to another land for training.

In her new home, Tea puts all her energy into becoming an asha — one who can wield elemental magic. But dark forces are approaching quickly, and in the face of danger, Tea will have to overcome her obstacles…and make a powerful choice.

I'm going to be honest here: I didn't even read the synopsis of this book before I made it into my WoW post for this week. I saw that gorgeous cover and my body involuntary made grabby hands. It's. So. PRETTY. I could ramble on about all the things that work for me with this cover, but I won't bore you with those details. Just know I hate the designer who did this a tiny bit because I want their talent for my very own. *stares at cover dreamily*

I read Rin Chupeco's The Girl from the Well last year and really enjoyed it, so I'm excited to dive into this one as well. Necromancy is typically something I avoid in the world of paranormal fiction (zombies freak me out), but I like the sound of Tea and the combination of necromancy and elemental magic. Also, this releases on my birthday next year, so I feel like it's meant to be!

AmazonGoodreads   

18 comments:

  1. This one looks awesome!! I saw a post of it when I was at BEA and was immediately drawn to that cover!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gods, I so understand what you mean! I saw the cover and was all GIMME!! And I still haven't read any Rin Chupeco books but this one I'm so gonna be reading for sureee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I agree the cover is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this cover as well, Jenny! I have never this author before, but I love the sound of this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea she had a new book coming out! I also really enjoyed The Girl from the Well and I was so lucky to have Rin do a virtual author visit at my school. It was a huge hit. Now I'm super excited about her new book. And yea, zombies also freak me out too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm completely sold on this Jenny, can't wait! That cover is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, this cover might be awesome (and it is!!) but your covers are JUST.AS.AWESOME. For real. ♥

    Now, as much as I hate zombies and never read any apocalyptic zombie stories, I can handle them in Fantasy when it's necromancy. Weird huh?! I never made any differentiation between the two till I fell in love with Sabriel by Garth Nix (which is all about Necromancers) Now it's one of my all-time favorite series ♥ Soooo long story short (ha!) this sounds awesome^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES, that cover is GORGEOUS! Definitely adding this to my TBR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cover is amazing!! But the synopsis sounds pretty interesting too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cover and I love the sound of this book! It is going on my wishlist:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. There was a lot of buzz around this book at BEA! I added it to my TBR while there! Great pick! I hope you love it when you get it!

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! I need this in my life! I read those Well books by her and it is one of the few horror books that I enjoyed and freaked me out at the same time. This one is so on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just learned that Sourcebooks in located in my hometown so I now I want to read more books by them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yeah! I love Rin Chupeco's work. I can't wait for this one either :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the cover and admit this is one I am watching for :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seems to be a great book, I like reading these kinds of books and I love the cover.. Thanks for the review.

    http://www.manacoupons.com

    ReplyDelete